Friday, January 13, 2023

Screenplay


 Screenplay

(Start the film with break up)

Ext. In the car – Afternoon 

The guy and girl are parked right outside of the girl's house talking about the status of their relationship.

GUY

I want you to be happy, but I know that won't be with me and you know that


GIRL 

No, I am happiest with you. How can you say that?


GUY

I think its best if we split


GIRL

*sighs* but I think we can fix this…


GUY

We can’t and my feelings won't change


GIRL

I’m sorry. I just want to be with you


GUY

No. This is the last time I'm saying this. WE ARE DONE!


*Walks away upset*


GIRL

*Stands in place, in shock*

 

Now starts the 5 stages of heartbreak (denial, anger, sorrow, bargaining, and acceptance)

Int. In the house – Sunset

Denial

GIRL

He said hell love me forever


GIRL

I didn’t even do anything wrong. I think...


GIRL

This can’t be happening. He was definitely joking

Anger

GIRL

He’s an selfish idiot who never deserved me


GIRL

I feel horrible for the next girl who has to be with him


GIRL

Never again will I ever be with someone like him


GIRL

He was a waste of time

 

Sorrow

GIRL

He wasn’t even thinking about my feelings


FRIEND

He was out of your league


GIRL

But he was so good to me and hurt me


FRIEND 

He didn’t deserve you


GIRL

I was so good to him 

Bargaining

FRIEND

Hey, he’s going to the party today... Are you coming?               

GIRL

Yes, I’ll get ready right now.                                        

FRIEND

Are you done getting

pretty?                                        

GIRL

Almost getting keys.                                                         FRIEND

(Different friend name) just told me he isn’t coming.            

 

Acceptance

(Quotations are actions not dialogue)

GIRL

“Making peace with herself and confidence”


GIRL

“Getting ready for herself not anyone else”


FRIEND

Are you coming to tomorrow’s party? 


GIRL

No but do you want to watch movies and talk


FRIEND

Of course, you don’t deserve him anyways. Let’s have a nice time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

        My product engages my audience by it being extremely relatable to many people no matter the race, color, ethnicity or gender everybo...